J2 Design and Exit seek a Business Development Manager to join a talented team of design professionals at two growing sister companies that share a studio space in Philadelphia.
The ideal candidate for this Business Development role has an entrepreneurial spirit, is focused, strategic, tenacious and has a proven track record of success. This person takes a hands-on approach to building business opportunities and winning work. This position will primarily focus on the Higher Education sector, the fastest growing market of our two creative studios, but will also extend to other sectors that relate to our companies’ goals. This role will be a part of an already established business development team that is responsible for the generation and management of a sustainable pipeline of work that reflects the current and anticipated business strategies and supports our growth.
Candidates should have 5-7 years professional experience. Individuals must be detail oriented and self-directed with an ability to manage their own goals, growth and work under pressure. The individual in this position will have annual sales goals. Strong communication and teamwork skills are a must. This position will report to the Studio Director responsible for Business Development and requires the ability to work with an already established Business Development and Marketing team made up of Studio Directors (practitioners), another Business Development professional, and Marketing Managers/Coordinators. This candidate will expand on their own existing network, Exit and J2’s network, and established target list to grow the business in line with studio goals.
Business Development Planning
- Develop and lead sector and client business and marketing plans with a typical horizon of 1 to 5 years.
- Adjudicate the inclusion of new opportunities in the “Win Work” pipeline.
- Manages administrative functions to ensure quality and timeliness. Input and manage accurate sales activity in existing CRM, Copper (formerly Prosperworks) to project trends and build forecasts.
- Maintain accurate and complete prospect and client database.
- Focus on the “100-mile radius” to bring in projects that are geographically desirable.
- Work effectively with studio decision-makers to develop long-term business development strategies to meet studio goals and develop long-term strategic relationships.
- Work with the Business Development and Marketing team to develop and manage an up-to-date target tracking.
- Research to understand the Business and project drivers of sectors, customers, and potential opportunities.
- Represent Exit and J2 at sector-specific and general networking events and conferences to raise company profile.
- Build on Exit and J2’s already established network of contacts and already established target list within Higher Education and bring opportunities into the business that can be converted into project work that meets criteria for desirable projects.
- Be able to both take the lead on client relationships, but equally introduce potential client’s to leadership at Exit and J2 to ensure a depth of strategy.
- Engage with sectors and customer to anticipate potential business opportunities and implement actions that will position Exit and J2 with differential advantage.
- Participate in external communication and customer engagement initiatives that will promote the Exit and J2 brands and contribute to studio-wide objectives.
- Has the ability to prepare and present introductory presentations that effectively demonstrate the value proposition and experience of Exit and J2.
- Maintain consistent sales growth by continuously establishing new accounts and maintaining existing accounts.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Experience with selling professional services, understanding of the design process and knowledge of the design services industry.
- Detailed knowledge of marketing and business development strategies and tactics.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines and goals.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to seek and develop new relationships to achieve strategic business objectives.
- Ability to convert client relationships into opportunities for the business.
- Recognize changing market forces and put a plan into action to make a positive contribution.
- Contributes to team and company success. Ability to work effectively as a member of an existing internal team.
- Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately. Communicates and shares information with candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
- Existing network of marketing, communications, and facilities representatives in Higher Education and Real Estate Developer contacts is a plus.
We’d love to hear about your passion and share ours with you.
Send a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and please fill out this brief survey: