J2 is a creative studio focused on branding, print, and web design. We provide thoughtful, flexible, and lasting solutions for forward-thinking organizations in the business of doing good. Our team is a mix of highly responsive and engaged individuals who exude passion in all aspects of their work and lives. We thrive in a collaborative environment and seek creative thinkers with the desire to develop new skills, share ideas, and step outside their comfort zone with a growing team that is positioned for big things.
The Senior Designer position requires a deep understanding of brand identity, print, and website design. Applicants must have 5+ years experience and a degree in Graphic Design.
A Senior Designer is responsible for all aspects of the design process—from project planning and conceptualization through to the completed design deliverable. Individuals must be detail oriented and self-motivated with strong organizational and communication skills. This position requires the ability to take direction from multiple people, work under pressure, and prioritize tasks accordingly. Additionally, a Senior Designer will direct, guide, and approve the work of one or more Junior Designers. This is an in-house, full-time position.
- Take a hands-on role leading visual design from concept through completion
- Support the implementation of solutions that align with communications strategies and meet client, consumer, and business objectives
- Present and communicate concepts to Project Lead, Creative Director, and design team to gather feedback and determine design direction for each project
- Clearly present ideas, concepts, and final designs to clients when called upon or asked to lead a meeting
- Maintain a high standard of workmanship and attention to detail
- Feel comfortable working within tight deadlines and communicating with coworkers, clients, and vendors
- Thrive on a mix of creative design challenges and production duties, working quickly and effectively in a collaborative environment
- Be a detail oriented and highly motivated self-starter
- Translate big ideas into executable solutions
- BA or BFA
- Strong logo design & branding
- Experience in print & web
- A team-player mentality
- Animation or Illustration skills
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HWQ5D3N. No phone calls, please.
Exciting things are happening at J2 and Exit Design as we begin the search for our next team member!
We are seeking a highly organized and cheerful Office Manager to join our talented team of design professionals. This new position will be integral in keeping daily operations of two growing creative studios and one flexible event space running smoothly. The ideal candidate will serve both as studio ambassador in greeting guests and answering phones, and captain of the ship in managing the studio’s shared spaces and resources. A combined experience in special events and office administration a plus.
Candidates should have 1-3 years professional experience. Strong communication and organizational skills are a must. Individuals must be detail oriented and self-directed with an ability to work under pressure. This position requires the ability to take direction from multiple people and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Studio Operations
- Studio scheduling
- Studio branded event planning + management
- Studio culture events planning + management
- Studio upkeep + maintenance
- Management of facilities vendors (i.e. Printers, IT, etc.)
- Answering general phone line
- Greeting guests
- Meeting prep and studio set-up
- Assist in management of contact database
- Studio Operations
- Required Skills:
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word
- iWork Productivity Suite: Keynote
- G-Guite: Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Docs
- Adobe Creative Suite: Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop a plus
If you are interested in applying, we’d love to hear about your passion and share ours with you! Please fill out this brief survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VBWTGZ2 and send a copy of your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.