The Account Manager is a mid-level position, reporting to the Senior Account Manager and working with other team members directly. This position is the perfect cross between the creative and business sides of the studio. The Account Manager is responsible for supporting the studio with projects, clients, business development, office management, billing and workflow projections, and much more! The Account Manager is expected to work independently, as well as in collaboration with both internal team members and clients. Creating an excellent client experience and keeping projects on-time and on-budget is a top priority.
- Working with the team to coordinate client calls, create project schedules, schedule meetings and presentations, and manage ongoing relationships.
- Writing client-facing emails, taking comprehensive and clear notes, and following-up all meetings with succinct next steps and related documentation.
- Keeping assigned clients and projects on time and on budget while clearly communicating to the client where the team is in process as needed.
- Resolving internal obstacles across the departments.
- Manage all aspects of internal workflow across the studio including scheduling, planning, and managing various complex calendars internally. This includes supporting with both workflow and billing forecasting, trafficking, implementation, and execution.
- Supporting with the management of ongoing monthly billing in relation to work completed and goals for the studio.
- Analyzing and reporting out on internal data gathering components, including but not limited to studio-wide tracked hours and evolving internal processes.
- Assisting the Senior Account Manager and other members of the team with Business Development opportunities. This may include making phone calls, managing internal documents, writing proposals, reviewing and dissecting RFPs, attending networking events, etc.
- Ongoing management of assigned client accounts
- Reviewing and analyzing studio hours reported out by the team to create efficiencies and updated processes.
- Supporting, reviewing, analyzing, forecasting, and instituting planned monthly hours.
- Working at a high level with the Senior Account Manager on trafficking analysis, processes, and execution for internal J2 teams.
- Support on the finding, researching, selecting, and implementation of desired software and processes to help run the studio more efficiently.
- Leading and/or overseeing proposal execution for all assigned client accounts and additional present and future accounts as requested by the Senior Account Manager.
- Supporting on vendor invoicing and payment schedules in conjunction with the Senior Account Manager and Office Manager when needed.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and updating monthly billing invoicing and projects
- Supporting with the brainstorming and implementation of internal processes directly related to HR, culture, and workplace efficiencies.
- Directly assisting Senior Account Manager as requested
- Implement processes where appropriate across the studio to create efficiencies and improve studio workflow
- Work with Account Management team to continually provide clients with quality work, and provide the studio with profitable projects.
- Manage new and existing relationships both inside and outside the studio through personable experiences and continued cultural improvements.
- Work with the team to continue building and growing the studio in relation to determined internal goals year over year.
- 5-8 years of direct related work experience as an Account Manager in an agency environment
- Experience managing multiple complex clients at a time
- Experience working with, understanding, and improving upon the business side of the studio
- Experience in business development, specifically networking, cold-calling, following leads, writing proposals, executing contracts, and onboarding clients.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with clients and coworkers
- Outstanding verbal, written, and listening skills
- Proven ability to work well independently and in a team
- Demonstrated ability to creatively and effectively solve problems
- Computer skills: time management software, Basecamp, Keynote, Google Office Suite
- Excellent time management skills
- Extremely detail oriented, dependable, and well-organized
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.